Inheritance exhibition opening
|Addresse||Cnr Lawrence and Hovell streets|
|At||Arts Space Wodonga|
|County||Australia @ (AU)|
Cnr Lawrence and Hovell streets
Arts Space Wodonga
Australia @ (AU)
Inheritance offers a tactile exploration into personal identity and genealogy. The multimedia exhibition comprises sculpture, recycled and reconstructed textiles and ‘inherited’ objects found by Campbell. The crocheted and embroidered organic forms suggest mutating cells - constantly transforming, altering in shape and spilling out of china tea cups, ornate silver trays, vintage teaspoons and antique pocket watches. The gentle materiality of the pre-loved hand stitched cotton, delicate lace and doilies evoke nostalgia for the physical attachment to our past, but also suggests our vulnerability to the unseen forces within our bodies. In Inheritance, the artist reveals her acknowledgment and acceptance of possessing an inherited gene mutation, discovered while researching her ancestry.
- Lightning Trail
- 2018 Easter Bowling...
- On the Border Community March...
- Teachers' Club
- Book Sale!
- Sunday Social bowls - Week 1...
- Eclectic - Solo Photography...
- Wodonga Wolves CBL...
- Epigenetic Healing Cycles -...
- Author talk: Clementine Ford
- 2018 Limousin National Show...
- Dunstans Day Mens 4's
- Children's clothing...
- GIS for Schools
- Welcome to Albury Wodonga!...
- Netball Wodonga Inc. Annual...
- Touch of Kindness - Reiki...
- Tumut Dam Ride
- Sarah's Circle
- Albury/Wodonga #MamaMeet2018
County of Australia @