Is the price right? How to price craftwork
|Addresse||31 Flinders Lane|
|County||Australia @ (AU)|
31 Flinders Lane
Australia @ (AU)
Craft Victoria and Radiant Pavilion present: Is the price right? A panel discussion about how to price craftwork Across so many contexts, we hear “How much is this worth?” “What should I charge for this?” “Why does that cost so much?” Craftspeople routinely undersell themselves and their work. So how to make a living? How do we balance the demands of the market, the labour intensive quality of how craftspeople work and the bottom line of selling work? How do we match all of this with a narrative and education about why the handmade matters? How much is a lifetime of skill worth in comparison to skill-less non-craft that looks like craft? How does function impact on worthiness? Who gets how much of a cut and how does that affect the maker? We invite you to a panel discussion with Q&A about the different ways craftwork can be priced.
Enjoy drinks in the brand new Craft space behind Supernormal on Flinders Lane and take the opportunity to meet your peers. Speakers include: • Gemma Jones, Craft Victoria (moderator) • Sarah Weston, Craft Victoria • Emma Goodsir, e.g.etal • Damien Wright, maker • Chela Edmunds, Guild of Objects and Takeawei Thursday 2 November, 6pm – 8pm Craft Victoria Watson Place (behind Supernormal) Melbourne CBD Member price $20 Non-Member price $40
- Melbourne #BigWalkOff Rally
- Peter Rabbit Easter Egg Hunt...
- Let’s Stay Together: the...
- Mezcal Mini Fest 2018
- The Nightingale and The Rose
- Submersive #1 - ORCHA with...
- PONY - Heath Renata
- GP Australia 2018
- This is Empire • Easter...
- Psychobabel + The Burbs at...
- MUSEX Autumn Picnic
- Pitch Night: Future of Work
- Riedel Sensory Workshop //...
- Officer Open Tennis Tournament
- Mimi Gilbert and Lisa Crawley...
- Frankly Apple Johns.
- Explore Melbourne - Women's...
- Playground Antics
- Drogheda In Store Celebration...
- Emily Soon at Some Velvet...
County of Australia @