Launch night! | Swordcraft Albury/Wodonga
|At||Willow Park (park i Australien, Victoria)|
|County||Australia @ (AU)|
Willow Park (park i Australien, Victoria)
Australia @ (AU)
Swordcraft Albury/Wodonga's first game night, on Saturday, 20th of January, from 6:30 PM to 9:30 PM (Australian Eastern Standard Time). The event will be held in the south of Willow Park. Feel free to message the page or post in the group if you have any questions. Important links at the bottom of the description. WHAT WE DO The focus of Swordcraft is medieval battles, using foam-covered solid core weapons and light-touching "pulled" realistic swings. There will be two teams on the night, which will fight one another in order to complete different objectives. While Swordcraft does use foam weapons with light touches, it's still very much a contact sport event, so be aware there may be a few knocks and bumps. An officiator will be on hand and people who have played at the Melbourne game will be mixed into either team if anyone ever needs help or has any concerns; most of which are first aid qualified and experienced.
ON THE NIGHT The registration desk will open at 6:30 PM. If possible, please preregister for the Melbourne game, but we'll be able to do it for you at the desk need be. We're hoping to get through registration as soon as possible, run through the rules, and do a bit of training to actually start battling no later than 7:30 PM. The games will be officiated by a marshal and there will be people who have played at the Melbourne game on both sides to help out. Feel free to approach any of us if need be. COST The first night for new players is free. (Select 'Pay as you go' on the registration site, be sure to show your receipt.) Weapon hire is available for two dollars extra (subject to availability - we're looking at around 15 to 25 club weapons.) The three consecutive nights after a players first night cost 5 dollars each and all subsequent games cost 14 dollars each.
All funds raised go straight back into the club for more club weapons, equipment, etc. REGISTRATION If possible, players are asked to pre-register for the Melbourne Friday night game at the Swordcraft website (link at the bottom of the description); this is still for Swordcraft Albury/Wodonga Saturday - it's just for initial records. We will be able to register players on the day at the desk need be. Select 'Pay as you go' for your first free night and be sure to show your receipt. WHAT TO BRING Weapon hire is available (subject to availability) and you don't need armor to play. First timers only need to bring: - Medieval/Fantasy costume if you have one. An oversized plain t-shirt "tunic" and tracksuit pants are a good alternative. - Comfortable shoes. The more medieval looking the better, but plain runners are fine.
- A belt you can wear on the outside of your shirt, to tuck swords into. - If you have contact lenses, it might be a consideration to wear them instead of glasses, just in case. Head attacks are illegal. - A fighting spirit and a sense of humor. LINKS PRE-GAME REGISTRATION: https://swordcraft.com.au/pre-game-rego/ 16-17 year olds will need to bring the form, signed and handed in by a parent/guardian, to play. 15 year olds and under will be unable to play. NEW PLAYER INFORMATION (Melbourne): https://swordcraft.com.au/sc-friday-nights-np-info/
- Lightning Trail
- 2018 Easter Bowling...
- On the Border Community March...
- Teachers' Club
- Book Sale!
- Sunday Social bowls - Week 1...
- Eclectic - Solo Photography...
- Wodonga Wolves CBL...
- Epigenetic Healing Cycles -...
- Author talk: Clementine Ford
- 2018 Limousin National Show...
- Dunstans Day Mens 4's
- Children's clothing...
- GIS for Schools
- Welcome to Albury Wodonga!...
- Netball Wodonga Inc. Annual...
- Touch of Kindness - Reiki...
- Tumut Dam Ride
- Sarah's Circle
- Albury/Wodonga #MamaMeet2018
County of Australia @